P A D D L E
Pedagogies in Authentic Design for Deeper Learning Experiences
Kupu Hou Academy presents
P A D D L E
Summer Workshop Series
Join us for our 4 -day studio experience to design a project or inquiry to be implemented in the fall with the support of proven research, resources, and experienced practitioners. DOE PDE3 credit available.
- July 19 – 23
- 4 day live virtual workshop
- 6 coaching sessions (SY21 -22)
- 12 live virtual meet-ups (SY21-22)
- Continuous support (SY21-22)
3 PDE credits 9 (approval pending)
Course Fee: $450
$525 with PDE3
PADDLE Workshop 3
July 19, 20, 22, 23
Day 1 – Principles of PBL/SEL and the ASPIRE™ framework
Day 2 & 3 – Learn and Design Your Project and Choose a Focus on Distance Learning, Early Learners, or Deeper Learning Strategies
Day 4 – Refine, design, and deliver your plan!
“Aloha ʻAina Academy: Ocean Food Systems” workshop
July 12-16 (9 – 12 HST)
The “Aloha ʻAina Academy: Ocean Food Systems” workshop is designed to help teachers:
• Understand and demonstrate basic ocean systems knowledge and skills;
• Cultivate a sense of place, practices for ocean conservation, marine life needs for optimal health, and the connection between healthy oceans and human health;
• Align the basic ocean knowledge and skills to appropriate national and Hawaii State standards;
• Design and implement ocean food-system based lessons, activities and assessments to meet Hawaii DOE system-wide HĀ outcomes;
• Apply teaching techniques and practices, including design thinking, for effective student management in the outdoor classroom.
The workshop and the PDE3 support are funded by the “Hawaii Online Portal for Education” (HOPE).
We have secured scholarship funding to support your tuition; to qualify, we have the following requirements:
— Attend all session days
— Create Aloha ʻAina ocean food system-based curriculum, and Implement in Fall 2021.
— Submit a PDE3 portfolio that demonstrates the implementation of your project ideas by December 31, 2021
— In Spring 2022, attend trainings and complete template for your project for inclusion in Hawaiʻi Online Portal for Education (HOPE)
Upon the completion of phase 2 above, you will also receive a $1000 stipend.
” … this workshop was a very hands-on learning experience. We were able to put into practice all the things we were learning. The power of collaboration is strong … “